Thursday 26 July 2012

The Doors - LA Woman



I could write a long review of this very special (to me) album with a few insights I've not come across elsewhere but instead I'll just add two small points that I always wanted to know and learned the answer to recently. 

The first is a description of Jim Morrison's voice in one of his biographies as brass and leather and I realised the reviewer came up with this genius line from a television appearance The Doors made; Jim in leather and with a full brass line-up behind him. Great expression. The other question I had is the car he is driving in a the same documentary where he appears on television (below) and where I discovered just now on Tumblr that it's a 1967 Shelby GT 500 Mustang he named "Blue Lady".

The documentary is posted below. It's very good. (Update: The original was removed from Youtube so I've embedded a replacement).