Tuesday 14 August 2012

27 Million Russians Sacrificed in WWII - Cold War Documentary




The more I think it about it the more obvious it becomes to me that the reason the West won the cold war is because we paid better bribes. A better class of massacre if you will. Both ideologies are top down lizard hierarchy structures which just don't pan out for us humans but we'll learn that lesson in due course.

I started watching this series while researching cold war espionage documentaries and the first one is quite good so I'm posting it. I didn't learn too much but it did go into the formation of the United Nations in San Francisco and geopolitical manoeuvring between Stalin, Churchill and FDR.

It ends on that ugly fact. The USSR sacrificed 40 times more of its people than the UK and the U.S. combined in WWII. It's a staggering statistic and one we forget all too quickly.