Tuesday 5 March 2013

Beppe Grillo, Gianroberto Casaleggio & Italy's Five Star Movement




Wow. I've been so jaded with politics, that I completely took my eye off the ball and missed the Italian elections. Earlier today I had a conversation with someone I respect politically and learned that the new superstar party in Italy might not be so cool with immigration issues which is the hot potato issue that the power elite want to divide Western Democracy with.

Anyway  I've done some research and Beppe Grillo's Five Start Movement is masterminded by Gianroberto Casaleggio and they've got a very interesting democracy 2.0 video posted above that amazingly even name checks the Bilderberg Group that the corporate whore media can barely mention without spluttering. Couple that with the Huffington Post and the Guardian shitting their pants over people voting in or out of the Euro by fast electronic democracy and I'm very attracted to the Five Star Movement. Huffpo and Guardian readers are the ultimate anus scratching finger sniffers.

But hold on a second. 

There's a Leni Riefenstahl nod in the video above and I'm too jaded to believe in parties that appear out of nowhere, even though a crowd sourced movement is almost obvious really.

I believe in humans. Our collective ability to get rid of the parasites that are bleeding us dry. I don't believe in isms or ologies. I believe in doing the right at the right time and sometimes it's a new thing and sometimes it's an old thing. 

So I'm cautious but I'm watching these guys. They're interesting. Whatever you do watch the video. It could have been written by me without that jarring Leni Riefenstahl nod, who I like creatively but probably shouldn't be in a political video. 

I get nervous about symbolism like that. No more Swastikas. No more Stars of David. No more Stars and Stripes no more Union fucking Jack Offs. 

I'm sick of you.

It's a very exciting time to be alive. History is starting to take shape.