Monday 26 March 2018

Excruciating - Ricky Gervais Meets Gary Shandling


 



I always remember Ricky Gervais banging on about animal welfare as five hundred infant mammals were genocided in Gaza in 2014. If we can't respect human welfare I don't think animals are going to take a higher importance, and believe me I'm not happy about factory farming methods at all.

When Glen Greenwald tweeted the above I read the article first and saw a lot that resonated with me. I then searched for the episode of Rickey Gervais meets.., that it refers to and it's one of the most excruciating interviews I've ever come across, though I suspect Gary Shandling is a Zionist Supremacist, because even I can think of no reason that Ricky Gervais is hostile to Jews.

That said, Gary Shandling taught me an awful lot in a short space of time. I particularly like his words on bravery and courage. 

Doing things that scare us are mostly rewarded by the universe.